Rock climbing COURSE
We offer three-day climbing courses tailor made to suit any individual or group. Ranging from a basic introduction to modern climbing techniques to more advanced and technical rock climbing. Courses will be designed for any person wanting to advance or brush up their skills or gain more competence and experience on the rock.
On our standard 3 day course, you are guaranteed at least one day of private guiding, with two days as part of the group sessions (Your Guide will ensure you get personal attention and accommodate your needs on these days). All days will be tailored to your needs.
Please note that for Alpine multi-pitch leading and dedicated trad courses, a fully privately guided trip may be your best option. Please see "Other options" below.
- Beginners learn to sports 'lead' climb
- Sports climbers convert to Traditional Style climbing
- Single pitch climbers learning to lead multi-pitch routes
- Rock climbers learn to lead alpine rock routes
- Develop sound problem solving and rescue techniques
Our instructors are experienced and will provide you with a solid grounding to increase your level of skill and knowledge. All of our rock climbing instructors have New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association qualifications (NZOIA) and our instructor to client ratio is kept at a maximum of 1:4. Our instructors have an extensive knowledge of the Wakatipu area and are extremely enthusiastic and experienced in catering for a variety of climbing abilities.
- What we provide. We will provide all technical equipment for the course including rock shoes.
- What you need. Please bring appropriate clothing for the weather on the day, waterproofs, a warm layer, drinks and lunch for the day.
All courses return to Queenstown at the end of the day and all technical equipment is provided. We use a range of climbing areas in Queenstown and Southern Lakes area.
For an even more personal approach, we offer fully privately guided Rock Climbing courses. This option is perfect if you are looking to focus on Alpine Rock, or spend the full course dedicated to advanced techniques like trad climbing or multi-pitch.
|3 day Rock Climbing||$899|
|3 day Course with 2 private days||$1149|
|3 day Private or Alpine Rock Climbing course||$1399|
|Other options||Please get in touch!|