"The mountains are calling - I must go"
Please contact us to advise on guide availability
The Remarkables is a stunning mountain range that dominates over Queenstown. We run guided one-day ascents of Single and Double Cone, the highest points on the Remarkables, during both winter and summer.
Enjoy breathtaking views as well as a fantastic sense of achievement. The one-day trips are 8+ hours and we cater for a variety of abilities and fitness levels.
A serious guided mountain undertaking, your trip will be an adventurous, memorable and authentic experience providing a capstone to your travel, adventure and outdoors repertoire.
The Remarkables have a variety of awesome summits and journeys suitable for all abilities and experience levels, some possibilities include;
- Single Cone, the highest peak in The Remarkables Range!
- Double Cone - The Remarkables hardest peak
- Complete a roped scramble of technical trekking terrain on the ridges surrounding these iconic peaks.
- Those with previous climbing experience can attempt the 'Grand Traverse' of the Single & Double Cones
Please contact us to discuss which journey may be suitable for you. Proven prior experience will be necessary for some of the harder and longer trips. The plan may be subject to change on the day (see important information below).
- Pre-Requisites. Some of the bigger expeditions (eg, the Grand Traverse), are available subject to proven prior experience. Please contact to discuss with us your experience level.
- Pre-Departure Meet. We require all our participants to meet with a guide the day prior to your trip. Please bring all your equipment to be checked, we will then assist with supplying additional equipment, packing and other advice.
- Group Size. All of our Mountain trips are treated as a Private Guided trip and have a maximum group size of two people per guide. We don't pair strangers together
- Weather. We experience fairly stable weather patterns during Summer and Winter, however, mountain weather can be unpredictable. Be prepared for the Guide to adjust the plan based on prevailing conditions on the day. This may include an alternative summit route, or not attempting the summit and completing an alternative objective.
- Winter. During Winter additional safety and environmental factors may exist. We screen our participants to ensure you meet the pre-departure fitness, clothing and general experience requirements. This does not mean you need to be an experienced alpine climber.
WHAT we PROVIDE
We provide all the necessary technical equipment to ensure your safety (including ice axe, crampons, harness, helmet and avalanche transceivers in winter).
What you provide
- Personal Clothing & Items (List Provided). Clothing can be hired from Outside Sports, our retail partner, at preferential rates. Outside Sports also hire trekking boots suitable for summer conditions. We recommend that you wear your own boots to ensure you experience a comfortable day in the mountains.
- Your Camera!
Optional scenic flight
You can enjoy the luxury and excitement of an optional helicopter scenic flight into the Remarkables Range.
single day remarkables expedition
|Price 1 person||$649|
|Price 2 or more||$399 pp|
|Scenic Flight Addition||$P.O.A|
|Max. Party Size||1 Guide : 2 Clients|