Private Guiding & Instruction
We provide private guiding & instruction throughout the South Island of New Zealand, specializing in expedition outfitting from Queenstown, we operate in all the iconic areas, routes, hikes, walks and climbs.
If you want quality time with a mountain or adventure guide, peace of mind knowing everything is prepared and facilitated, have a specific objective in mind, or just want to get away from groups - Private Guiding is for you.
What We Offer
- Alpine Rock Climbing Guiding & Instruction
- Traditional, Sports & Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing Guiding & Instruction
- All aspects of Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountaineering Summits:
- Aspiring National Park, Mt Cook National Park, Remarkable Ranges and the Southern Lakes area.
- Novice - Intermediate mountain objectives such as Mt Brewster, Mt Earnslaw, Single Cone or similar peaks as requested.
- We do not provide guided ascents on expert routes Grade 3 or above, or New Zealand high guiding 3000m or above (Such as Mt Cook).
- Guided Alpine Trekking
- Guided Multi-Day Hiking
- Guided Snow Shoeing
Who is Private Guiding For
- Any Adventurous & Active traveler with outdoors objectives
- Families looking for tailored and appropriate family activities
- Trekkers, Climbers and Mountaineers with specific needs or objectives
- individuals looking for up-skilling, mentoring or training
- Experienced Hikers wanting to complete difficult treks such as Gillespies & Rabbit Pass; or, traverse unmarked routes such as Mt Titiroa World Heritage Area or Gertrude Saddle.
- Individuals and groups who want the peace of mind of having everything prepared, facilitated and in the hands of emergency trained guides with safety equipment.
what we CAN provide
- Ground Transportation
- Air Transportation
- Technical Equipment
- Assistance with Personal Clothing & Equipment
- Emergency Equipment & Communications
- Fantatsic hosting, comraderie and inspiration.
Indicative base rates are provided below for a basic days private guiding:
|1 Person||$549 per day|
|2 or more people||$399 per day|
|Group rates||Please inquire directly.|