MT Brewster EXPEDITION
"The mountains are calling to me - I must answer them"
The three day climbing trip to Mt Brewster (2516 metres) is a substantial a remote trip with a fantatsic outlook through the Southern Alps.
Mt Brewster is situated off the Hasst Pass, in the Main Divide of the Southern Alps.
An awesome mountain with great East-West views from the main divide, and set within spectacular NZ high alpine terrain, this is a prominent and renowned mountaineers peak, a great tick in any climbers book!
- Mt Brewster is attainable for a first time mountaineer with high level of personal fitness.
- A fantastic high alpine trip to consolidate beginner and intermediate climbing skills.
- Fantastic for learning about glacier travel on the featured, scenic but moderate angled Brewster glacier.
- A much loved tick in all climbers logbooks!
- This trip is hugely rewarding, you’ll experience a great taste of New Zealand mountaineering.
- Whilst the day is long, the sense of achievement in immense.
|We drive out from Queenstown or Wanaka, and up onto the Haast Pass over the Main Divide of the Southern Alps to the Fantail Falls Car park. We then have 3 hours of steep and tricky trail through beautiful Beech Forest to the Brewster Hut in a high sub-alpine meadow with impressive views.|
|The summit day! This is a 10-12 hour day, with an early alpine start. Climbing away from the Brewster Hut over some rough terrain and rock ledges, until we gain the glacier. We then traverse around the side of Mt Brewster. Your guide will select a route based on the conditions but normally the snow gullies on the South East face, or the West Ridge. The rope is your best friend this day and your guide will teach you basic rope management and movement skills in the mountains.|
|We walk out to the car park. A demanding descent on our route in, but basking in your sense of accomplishment from your Brewster adventure, you'll be soaking up the magnificence of the landscape in high in the Main Divide.|
WHO IS THIS FOR:
This iconic climbing expedition is suitable for individuals with experience in difficult multi-day treks and excellent fitness levels. Absolutely perfect for individuals with introductory or intermediate alpine climbing skills seeking to gain experience on a serious alpine route, and additional mentoring from experienced mountain guides.
- Pre-Departure Meet. We require all our participants to meet with a guide the day prior to your trip. Please bring all your equipment to be checked, we will then assist with supplying additional equipment, packing and other advice.
- Weather. We experience fairly stable weather patterns during Summer and Winter, however mountain weather can be unpredictable. Be prepared for the Guide to adjust the plan based on prevailing conditions on the day. This may include an alternative summit route, or not attempting the summit and completing an alternative objective.
- Contingency Day. During your expedition conditions or weather may delay your summit day, or prevent your egress from the area. In the event this occurs your guide will inform you, and ask if you'd like to complete an alternative objective, or utilise a contingency day. The contingency day will incur additional costs payable on your return.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We provide all the necessary technical equipment to ensure your safety (including ice axe, crampons, harness, helmet and avalanche transceivers in winter).
WHAT YOU PROVIDE
- Personal Clothing & Items (List Provided). Clothing & equipment can be hired from Outside Sports, our retail partner, at preferential rates. We can also assist with mountain boot hire, however where possible we recommend that you wear your own boots to ensure you experience a comfortable walk into the mountains.
- Your Camera!
OPTIONAL SCENIC FLIGHT
You can enjoy the luxury and excitement of an optional helicopter scenic flight into or out of the Mt Brewster area. A great reward for your accomplishment, this flight takes in the majesty of the aspiring national park, with sweeping panorama East and West of the Southern Alps Main Divide.
|Price 1 person||$2650|
|Price 2 or more||$1950|
|Scenic Flight Addition||$P.O.A|
|Max. Party Size||1 Guide : 2 Clients